CatKanwak@aol.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:40:42 EST

In a message dated 1/26/00 11:06:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, Z@Gundam.Com
writes:

<< Why do you (and far too many others) assume that Heinlein shares the views
 of his characters? Is it simply because he uses first-person and has his
 viewpoint character believe in what he (the character) is saying?

I write books myself, and I often take first person perspective. I am
beginning a book that takes the perspective of a young rebellious teenager,
who shows his loathing hatred for authority, cops, bosses, figures of
political power. Does this mean I take his view? Not entirely. I often do it
this way so that people can get a better feel for the characters