Vincent Valentine (vincent_valentine@yyhmail.com)
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:51:41 +0800

> > Heya,
>
> > I have just been informed by
> > my cube mate here that Can (if it's the same group) was one of the
> pioneers of
> > electronica, along with Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk and a couple others.
> > Now, *that* makes more sense to me. Kraut Rock, as he calls it. Not so
> > "inventive" as all that and very describeable.
>
> Wow, I love Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream (I also loved the way Afrika
> Bambaataa sampled them for his albums). I'll look for that Can stuff. I
> don't think it's called Kraut Rock - there was a term used that I completely
> forgot.

> > > (hope >I didn't interrupt).
>
> Amen. Don't you think that Gundam fans are a bit more well rounded in
> general? I've never met a Gundam fan that wasn't worldly.

Hah hah! That we are. :) We can love the gritty, innovative electronica, metal, and hybrid bands and still like the campy J-pop themesongs that come with Gundam. hah hah. (Although, 'twould be cool to let Kraftwerk or Satriani do a Gundam soundtrack).

> > > If it means anything, I dislike the majority of those bands with a
> passion.
> > > Heh.
> > Yes, virtuoso musicians are not for everybody.

I guess Satriani, Vai, and Malmstein take a bit of getting used to, huh?

> Yup. I tried unsuccessfully to introduce Zappa to my friends... -_-;
>
> > I can see how someone who

> > although the two guys I work with who both like that kind
> > of music also seem to appreciate Vai, Stevie Ray, Malmsteen, etc. Maybe
> > they're a little more open minded about music.
>
> *air guitars* What do your friends think of Satriani? In the Philippines,
> Surfing With the Alien might be the most influential rock album of all time
> (fave track here: "Always with Me, Always with You" - the uber-rock love
> song)
>
> > > Gundam music? Godflesh, Suicide, Swans, Zeni Geva, Main, Merzbow,
> Aube...
>
> For the cartoons? Hmm. Nothing comes to mind - and to think I want to go
> into filmmaking...
>
> cya around music lovers!,
>
> Fed

Cya, Fed! You guys rule.