garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:51:15 -0800 (PST)

> G Gundam - popular with kids - toys practically fly
> off the shelves. No G
> Gundam 1/144 to be found anywhere.

whaddaya mean? those g gundam kits are all over the
shelves. they're in perpetual supply, it seems. even
in stores that don't normally sell kits.

> Other Gundams - 8th MS team with Otaku, but even
> then an acquired taste.
> 0083 is a favorite but not in general circulation.
>
> UC Gundams in general - we are an isolated bunch
> -_-;

yeah, well...:P

> > How do you see it? Subbed? Dubbed into
> > Tagalog?
>
> Wing and G were dubbed into Tagalog - quite poorly I
> might add. But popular
> nonetheless. I didn't bother watching these
> versions.

i, of course, disagree. i thought the dubs were good,
if a little erratic. especially compared to voltes
and daimos english dubs we had. i would definitely
take tagalog dubbing than english dubs with tagalog
(visayan?) accent! and the subs available for g wing
were godawful carabao english.

not everything tagalog is poorly done.

> Subbed - all Animevillage english dubs + some
> fansubs in English. All
> available ones are widespread - most popular for
> general otaku are 0083 and
> 8th MS team.

just curious (since i have no way of knowing), but how
did you gauge the popularity of each series?

-garrick

ps. fed,...y'know you told me to search for
"mechapinoy" and "pinoyotaku" mailing lists, but never
told me WHERE to search for them. i tried searching
anyway, but found none. would you mind sending it
over to me in private correspondence at least?