Evan (baka@flash.net)
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:57:38 -0600

At 05:16 PM 1/26/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Evan wrote:
>
>> >Inventive how? Are they progressive? Bluesy? Jazzy? I have never
heard of
>> >them. My favorite groups right now are Zeppelin, Dream Theatre, Steve
Vai,
>> >Queensryche, Soundgarden, etc. I've always thought that Queensryche
would be
>> >the perfect cyberpunk soundtrack band. I wonder what the perfect
Mobile Suit
>> >Gundam rock group would be? Queen was perfect for "Highlander".
>>
>> Can are everything.
>>
>> Earth. or the Swans' first LP.
>>
>> Ev.
>>

>More. I need you to be more vague. Name a group that someone would
mistake them
>for. Ozric Tentacles? Red Hot Chili Peppers? Zappa? What?

To be more vague? You mean specific?

You need to hear Can to understand them. You wouldn't confuse anybody or
anything with them...

I once described them as "what if pink floyd weren't pompous, bloated, and
boring?"

>Damn! This list is filled with folks who dig the same stuff I do! :)
(hope >I didn't interrupt).

If it means anything, I dislike the majority of those bands with a passion.
Heh.

>p.s. hey, Evan, can you get Can on CD now?

Yeah. Mute reissued some of their best discs (start with Tago Mago). Loop
also covered them.

Gundam music? Godflesh, Suicide, Swans, Zeni Geva, Main, Merzbow, Aube...

Ev.