David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:17:34 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:15:34 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> Robert Ludvig wrote:
>

> Hey, don't worry about slamming liberals when they're wrong, and they're
wrong
> about the whole tree hugger, PC mentality they've built up that's gotten
us
> pretending there was never violence before violent cartoons ravaged our
utopian
> planet. I'm liberal in many areas but not there. I see nothing wrong
with
> Bugs Bunny lighting a stick of dynamite and blowing Marvin Martian up
with it.
> If any kid is stupid enough and unparented enough to pull that, he gets
what he
> deserves. And so do his parents. 85? Didn't Robotech get edited down?
I saw
> all the unedited violent WB and MGM cartoons and I haven't killed
anybody,
> I haven't burned my own house down and I haven't blown anything up. I
say
> bring back old Tom & Jerry cartoons! Give us more Gundam style realistic
> sci-fi! Lose the Smurfs, the Care Bears of the world, nobody buys that
happy
> happy crap.

I wouldn't mind those "Anne of Green Gables" or "Heidi" happy crap, and I
wouldn't mind seeing a "sweet romance" series like Kare-Kano on TV...

But anyway, you're right...bring back Tom and Jerry!! Every once in a while
I miss those two (not the PC, let's co-op-erate versions that plagued the
80s) and there's simply not enough mindless violence on children's TV.

Jojo