Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:44:03 -0800

I have advocated that the post OYW Federation entity EUG simplified the
administration process by combining Side 2 & 6 together during the Colony
Reclamation Project, thus successfully nullified a defacto independent
country during OYW. A pretty nifty power grab. The Formerly Side 4, the
one opposite of Side 1 in L5 is similarly combined with Side 1.

> 2. Why was Side 4 (formerly Side 5) kept on the books when it was
> ostensibly the MOST damaged and, in fact, usually cited as totally
> destroyed and referred to as the Shoal Zone?
>
> So the question really revolves around the Side 5/Side 4 issue.
>
> The first Colony Reclamation Project begins in May 0082 with the transfer
> of repairable colonies from Side 4 to Side 3. Under the traditional
> schema, that would be from L5 to L2. Under your revised schema,
> that would
> be from L1 (the former Side 5 and now the Shoal Zone) to L1. That would
> work if Texas were not, as previously thought, the sole survivor of the
> Battle of Raum. It would also provide enough traffic in the area that
> Delaz could sneak in and set up the Thorn Garden in the Shoal Zone, which
> would be rightly shunned.
>
> The second Colony Reclamation Project begins in November 0083 with the
> transfer of repairable colonies from Side 1 (L5) to Side 3 (L2). No
> problem here, other than the fact that it appears that the authors of
> Gundam 0083 were thinking in terms of replenishing Side 3 from L5 in both
> cases.
>
> So what's left at L1 that anyone should be mindful of it? Or is the idea
> to start afresh there when the resolve and resources become available,
> which seems to be 30-odd years down the road with the Frontier Side?

Well, even after the Colony Reclamation Project, there is still humongous
amount of very large chunks of not easily salvageable debris in L1.
Everything they can use with some repair have been move away. Stuff like
Delaz's Garden of Thorn is probably not in line to be repaired. While all
through out the Gryps Wars and Second Neo Zeon conflicts thru F91 era, there
is probably small scale salvage operation to move the debris out of L1 and
recycle it elsewhere. By UC0123, 43 years after OYW, L1 is probably clear
enough for them to try to put some more colony back in.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]