Evan (baka@flash.net)
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:52:12 -0600

At 09:12 PM 1/22/00 +0800, you wrote:
>At 08:05 01/22/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>I'm sure it's not standard issue..I mean, the way I figure, in most Infantry
>>vs MS match ups, the Infantry will die in 1 of 3 ways
>>1-lucky shot by vulcan
>>2-Get Stepped on (ouch)
>>3-hit by the shell casing (which will also hurt a heck lot)
>
> Ouch -- Option (3) is survivable, but not so (1) and (2).
>
> I suspect the frag launchers are standard -- or at least a common
>modifications -- on ground-based Zakus, as they don't have vulcans. Anyone
>can confirm?
>
> Strangely, regular army infantry tends to take a heck lot more
>casualties. I guess it's because they are also a heck lot more visible. =)

I don't see how option 3 is survivable (or easily survivable), as you have
to remember the shell casing is falling at least twenty feet (higher if
it's from a zak rifle), and is EXTREMELY hot... in fact I think it would be
analogous to be cracked over the head with a burning oil drum...

EV.
(Anybody know if Animevillage will ever do Zeta?)

THE GEVALT INSTITUTE
http://www.flash.net/~baka/

Disturbingly professional mp3's from disturbingly unprofessional musicians
http://ubl.com/links.asp?mode=downloads&artistid=216361&p_id=
http://www.mp3.com/gevalt