Jorge Lee (jorgelee@singnet.com.sg)
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:20:20 +0800

Lim Jyue wrote:

> At 14:28 01/22/2000 +0800, you wrote:
> >Hmm... come to think of it, I don't think that it's possible to stuff a
> >MS into 4 containers. An arm of the Kampfer is already bigger than a
> >container.
>
> They had to reassemble the Kampfer pretty much from scratch, right?
> The servos could probably be broken down to fit into a container, but the
> armour/ external covers would be a problem..

It's quite a tall order for 4 men to reassemble the Kampfer from scratch
in less than a week's time. As Bernie was with Al most of the time, this
effectively means that only 3 men was working on it. It would be more
reasonable to assume that the Kampfer was broken up into sections and
the had to do was to join the parts together.

I was thinking that perhaps 2 shipments were made for the Kampfer.
Steiner and team arrived at Side 6 before Bernie. Could they have
brought along with them parts that were commercially available while
Bernie ferried the sensitive military parts?

Jorge