Winn Sevilla (winn@nsclub.net)
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:35:03 +0800

Mark Simmons wrote:

> Winn Sevilla writes,
>
> > Since were at the brink of knowing the ZZ's G Fortress configuration...
> >
> > I'd prefer the configuration of the V & V2 Gundam since both looks more
> > aerodynamic and more acceptable design...
>
> They look better, and they get more practical mileage out of the
> separating feature, but they share the same basic flaw of the ZZ in that the
> two primary modules (core top & base for the ZZ, top & bottom limb for the V
> and V2) have no cockpits. This means that, when you separate, each half has
> to dock with its own core fighter - so you need at least two fighters for
> each mobile suit.

That can't be. In the first episodes, when Usso was being attacked by Chronocole
Asher's Zolo, the LM team sends out top and bottom parts to help out Usso
transform the core fighter to form the v gundam... those parts flew and docked
themselves to the core fighter. I'd say those parts have the ability to fly and
control themselves automatically, but they can't stand that long against enemy
attack. (Asher shot down a top part easily.)

> The V and V2 have the additional problem that the mobile suit can't form a
> single transformed mode (you mention seeing a mode like this, but I don't
> recall seeing it). So all this fancy transformation gear is only used in the
> separation process.

I did see it! It's probably on the first 10 episodes! Just where that lady
general who commands that frying pan-like mobile armor escaping, and Usso had to
convert to that single three-piece transformation to catch up with it! It was
the V gundam, but I don't see the V2 doing that configuration...

It really looked cool.

> The Superior Gundam (from Sentinel) has a separate cockpit for each
> component, so the attacker and bomber can operate separately from the core
> fighter. This does mean wasting two extra pilots in mobile suit mode, but
> c'est la vie. At least you don't end up staring down at the ground through
> an unprotected glass canopy while in G-Fortress mode, as with the ZZ...!

But what is that G-Booster configuration that I saw on the MS Encyclopedia? It
looks like an ordinary ship booster that added on the core fighter...