Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:55:03 -0800

Winn Sevilla writes,

> Since were at the brink of knowing the ZZ's G Fortress configuration...
>
> I'd prefer the configuration of the V & V2 Gundam since both looks more
> aerodynamic and more acceptable design...

  They look better, and they get more practical mileage out of the
separating feature, but they share the same basic flaw of the ZZ in that the
two primary modules (core top & base for the ZZ, top & bottom limb for the V
and V2) have no cockpits. This means that, when you separate, each half has
to dock with its own core fighter - so you need at least two fighters for
each mobile suit.

  The V and V2 have the additional problem that the mobile suit can't form a
single transformed mode (you mention seeing a mode like this, but I don't
recall seeing it). So all this fancy transformation gear is only used in the
separation process.

  The Superior Gundam (from Sentinel) has a separate cockpit for each
component, so the attacker and bomber can operate separately from the core
fighter. This does mean wasting two extra pilots in mobile suit mode, but
c'est la vie. At least you don't end up staring down at the ground through
an unprotected glass canopy while in G-Fortress mode, as with the ZZ...!

-- Mark