Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:54:25 -0800

>Yes the beta 1.06 does have two bugs which can crash the game. Whenever
>the archon attacks, and there's another one which I forget.

I thought there were more than two - besides the Archon attack bug
(which does not seem to occur everytime), the game unpredictably crash-
quits often and I have not been able to narrow the factors down, as it
could happen early in the game, before you even get missile buggies out,
or way late in the game when most units are fully upgraded and everyone
have maxed out their units.

Another problem I have encountered is that, while the Mac version includes
detailed instructions on how to keep your original copy of StarCraft /
BroodWar free from modifications done by Gundam Century, the PC version
did not seem to have it (I did not see it in the Read Me file that came
with the conversion files). Somehow the bug was CARRIED OVER to the
Brood War files installed, and caused the same crash-quits when I am
not playing Gundam Century (the single-player animated menu was changed
to Salamis animation even though you are in Brood War). While not a major
disaster that can't be fixed with a re-install, it does seen wierd how the
issue was address in the Mac patch but not in the PC version - I assumed the
PC patch does not physically modify original Brood Wars files, only to find
out the hard way.

>It is full of
>bugs but they are minor when you actually consider it is only done by one
>person; which is me. Eddie, jeez...now I know why people dislike you on
>this mailing list.
>
>KurenaiJiku

More power to you - it's free and the graphics rule, except I do not know
why the facts I reported warrants this kind of personal attack. Maybe I
should have been more specific on the bugs for feedback's sake, but due
to their inconsistency, I wasn't even sure about the Archon attack bug
in the first place, and was left with the impression that there were more
than 2 bugs. In case you forgot, when you first announced the project, I
was one of the few who publicly expressed excitement and support for your
endeavor.

Eddie

>>>Any of you guys play Starcraft? You should check out the Gundam Century TC
>>>if you havent tried it already. Its pretty ass kicking. The graphics are
>>>all pretty good and man o man, is it fun.
>>>
>>>http://gundamcraft.tech-base.com/downloads.htm
>>
>>The beta's full of bugs and often crash-quits you out of the game when
>>everything's upgraded and you're down to the last 1 or 2 opponent.
>>Gets really frustrating after a while, if you are lucky to get opponents
>>in the first place. I hope a new revision comes out soon.
>>
>>Eddie
>>

>>New items added at least once a week! Check out my eBay auctions at:
>>http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItemsuserid=-gundam-&so
>rt=3
>>&since=-1&page=1&rows=0
>>Please note the URL exceeds 80 characters and ends with "rows=0" not "userid"
>>

>>-
>>Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/
>>

>-

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0