Robert Ludvig (tameno@hotmail.com)
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:47:37 PST

Well, Ive been watching CN for an hour now to catch a glimpse of the
commercials, and finally saw one. Looks pretty good, supposedly they said
they would air the show UNCUT but I'll believe it when I see it. But oh
boy, are the voices gonna suck...the only voiced lines in the commercial are
of Heero laughing maniacally after blasting that first MS in Ep 1 and
another voice who sounds like some young dude trying too hard saying "They
say those who see a Gundam don't live to tell about it," which is close to
one of the lines Zechs has in the same episode. Ewwww.........One bright
spot though. All the mechanical noises and what not are the same as the
japanese sounds, so at least they left that part of the soundtrack alone.
Hopefully when they roll out Tenchi Muyo later they wont use their own Voice
actors and stick with the Pioneer dub.....Also, the catch phrase at the end
of the commercial is "Suit Up" which is incredibly cheesy but hey, catch
phrases are all cheesy.