Sat, 15 Jan 2000 10:11:34 +0000

In message <B4A4CB44.52E%scorpio@best.com>, Mark Simmons
<scorpio@best.com> writes
>Justin Palmer writes,
>
>> I'm afraid that the UK is, sadly enough, not the best place to
>> look for anime goods.
>
> One add to your list - there's a Japanese bookstore right by St Paul's
>Cathedral. We stumbled upon this last summer, and found it had a pretty good
>selection of stuff. (Nothing like New York's Asahiya branch, but then, what
>is?)

        I have heard of that one, but haven't been there. Theres a few
Japanese bookshops listed in the UK Anime Shopping Guide, but be aware
that one or two may either have moved or closed down.

> Forbidden Planet, by contrast, was kinda weak...

        Its gotten a bit worse than it used to be, at least based on the
last couple of times I've been, but I like I say, you're never quite
sure what they'll have in stock. Its probably also worth a look if
you're a SF fan in general, but the Japan Centre is probably of more
interest to Japan-philes and anime fans...

We were born to be free. |justin@briareos.demon.co.uk|
We make our own destiny. |Lyrics from Urusei Yatsura |
We'll live and love as we please. |Movie 3: Remember my Love |
Because we were born to be free! |"Darling!" |