Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 13 Jan 100 20:58:28 -0700 (MST)

> Blue Destiny novelization also implies that some of Zeon's newtype
> researchers later resurfaced at Augusta Labs... ;-)

  Hey.... so that wire-guided INCOM system may simply have been an
adaptation of say, the Ziong's giant wire-guided limbs, or like the
turrets on that freaky 4-gunned Zion MA! 1YW technology repackaged for the
Fed?

> > kinda wonder... _who_ was in charge of producing the V-Project Gundam and
> > GMs, and what happened to them and their production lines?
> It was kind of a skunkworks project, and many of the key personnel were
> lost in the attack on Side 7 (among them Tem Ray). The other people, and the

  Hrmmm.... Pity, who knows what else they may have come out with!

> production lines, were at Jaburo and Luna Two. Neither of these is a major
> manufacturing site after 0083.

   Also a pity, since it apparently was the most productive production
line of the entire Gundam saga! Wasn't Jaburo eventually destroyed BTW?

> The RGM-79[G] and RX-79[G] are supposed to have Luna Titanium armor, but
> then so are the 08th MS Team Goufs, and that makes _no_ sense. At any rate,

  Yeah, that totally is a smack in the face of the rest of gundam
history....!

> Since the GP series were manufactured in space, and not exactly on a
> super-tight deadline either, it seems reasonable that they could have Luna
> Titanium armor.

   Mmmm... makes sense then. You know, I've never fully understood how the
FB's nipple-thrusters caused both MS to blow up....

> government. You don't see a lot of examples of Gundam technology being
> created by government researchers - it's mostly credited to private
> companies, which then exchange technology or steal each other's ideas
> through industrial espionage.

  Very Japanese then.

> I do wonder how Anaheim, a company with little expertise in psycommu
> technology, came up with the bio-sensor system... and how Scirocco got his
> hands on it as well.

  The Bio-sensor, unlike Psychommu, Quasi-Psychommu, and INCOM, seems to
be a bit of an 'out-of-the-blue' NT Technology... It really doesn't get
used on anything post-ZG either, does it?

> Exactly. So the RGM-79C GM Kai might be, just for the sake of argument,
> the Anaheim version. The RGM-79N GM Custom is the Augusta version. The
> RGM-79G GM Commando, RGM-79R GM II, and RGM-86R GM III might be from yet
> more vendors...

  Makes some sense, once we stipulate that the Jaburo manufacturing line
essencially ceased after the 1YW...

                                                        -Probe