Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:48:32 -0800

Nightingale writes,

>For Mashma's AMX-011S, it has a different head with
>head vulcans replaced the nozzle beam cannon, plus a
>new (and big) skirt armor with booster, different
>shoulder armor, bigger & more powerful backpack, and a
>beam rifle that was used for a few seconds in the TV
>show.

  Supposedly, everything but the head is an optional accessory for the
regular Zaku III - including the alternate skirt armor, backpack, and
beam rifle. In fact, the line art for the regular Zaku III demonstrates
that its backpack is removable, and the early sketches shown in Model
Graphix's Gundam Wars book show some other options for the skirt armor.

  So really, Mashma's Zaku III is pretty much just a standard model with
a different set of parts and a personalized color scheme. Only the head,
knees, and perhaps the shoulder armor are genuine modifications. Perhaps
this slightly altered base machine is the Zaku III Kai itself, to which
Mashma applied his own selection of equipment options... it's not really
clear from the books & HG-UG kit manual.

>Too bad the S type has just 1 unit (for Mashma),
>otherwise 'modified' will fit the MS like the ultra
>limited RGM-79N...

  The RGM-79N is billed as a "custom" unit (spelled out in katakana),
versus the RGM-79C, which is the GM Kai (hence a "modified" unit). I
wonder whether there's a GM Custom Kai out there, or a GM Kai Custom... ;-)

>So Killing did not commit suicide after all - he was
>wiped out by the Fed's MS team led by the Full Armor
>Gundam as shown in the 0080 manga! (haha)

  Um, I'm not sure I'd want to take that as gospel either. <grin>

-- Mark