Tue, 11 Jan 2000 00:32:33 -0500

Mark Simmons wrote:

> Actually, during the One Year War, the Zeons switched from a
> three-turret to a two-turret version of the Musai (the latter model had
> fewer, but more powerful, cannons).

Ah, never knew that before.

> <snip>
>
> >BTW, anyone got a list of ship names (all types, Fed and Zeon) used in MSG,
> >0080, 0083 and 08th MS Team (if any)?
>
> Yeah, see the characters & mechanics index for each series on the
> Gundam Project site.

No, I dont mean class names, I mean individual ship names. For example, there's
the Siegfried and Valkyrie from 0080.

For that matter, do we know the name 'prefix' (cant think of the correct term)
like USS for the Federation or Zeon? Let's see, how about UNS for the Feds and
DZS for Zeon?

> >Also, any idea of numbers, such as how many Musai were produced, etc.
>
> Entertainment Bible 39 and Hobby Japan's Gundam RPG supplement list a
> peak strength of about 100 Musais, 40 Chibes, and 8 Gwazins at the start
> of the One Year War. That's not allowing for the ongoing destruction and
> construction of ships during the war, or course. We can probably assume
> that no Chibes were constructed after the war began, only Musais...

Ah, thank you very much. The number of Musai would definately seem to uphold
0080's numbering system, which could also start to give us an inkling of when the
various sub-classes or 'flights' started.

Neil Baumgardner