-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:22:41 -0800

At 21:30 1/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>While looking round Tsuneo's website, I translated a copy
>of it for Neil, one question was raised. On his site he says
>that Dr. Y. T. Minovski was a Belorussian, being from the
>country of Belarus, a former soviet state between Lithuania
>and Ukraine.
>
>Anybody else ever heard this?

News to me, although there may be a reference to this effect in the manga
Stampede.

In any case, it's a retcon -- Belarus has only been an independent republic
since 1991. Between 1919 and 1991 it was Belorussia, a constituent
republic of the Soviet Union, and prior to 1919 it didn't exist. Stampede
was published in the late 80s, so any reference there would be to
Belorussia, not Belarus.

-Z-