Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:40:31 -0800

>I saw this book in my local Japanese bookstore... is this the katoki gundam
>fix with all the photo-realistic shots of various mobile suits? It was
>selling for $85.00 Cdn = $59 USD Is it worth it? It was a hardcover.

Yeah that's the book. Personally I don't think the book is worth that much,
but it depends on whether his photos, which have appeared in previous issues
of NewType magazine, are up your alley. I think Burke had scanned quite a
few of those on his website, and they are a far cry from the "hero shots"
you are used to seeing.

Incidentally, another collection book just came out. Dengeki's "Mobile Suit
Memoirs" is a collection of the MS Memoirs column serialized in the now
defunct B-Club magazine, compiled with pages from previous issues of
Degenki's own Animation magazine. Besides the cel illustration from B-Club's
pages (complete with the pilot's portrait), you've also got photos of the
mecha's plastic model buildup, some enhanced with CG effects. At half the
price, this book was a much better buy.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0