Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:05:46 -0800

I think you got it backward. Gundam is a prototype data gathering machine.
As such, it has a learning computer that basically learns Amuro's moves and
tactics, which are highly effective. These combat information is then feed
into the mass produced GM, which gives the GM pilots a leg up on supposedly
more experienced Zeon pilots (though by then, Zeon was relying on student
recruits, while Federation is populating GM with pilots with combat
experience, albeit no MS experience.) All Amuro had at the beganning of the
show is a instructional manual on how to move the mobile suit.