David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:15:50 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:13:46 -0800 (PST), gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> --- Chaos025@aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 1/7/00 5:49:32 PM Mountain
> > Standard Time,
> > macross3@excite.com writes:
> >
> > > Since this battle probably lasted several hours
> > (maybe about two days) that
> > > may have been a sort of caffeine injection shot,
> > to keep himself alert. So
> > > yes, he's taking drugs to enhance his
> > performance. Come to think of it,
> > that
> > > may be the reason why an incompetent like him got
> > so good. No way he had
> > any
> > > natural talent. But this is just a guess...
> >
> > That's a bit harsh. Kou always did have natural
> > talent, he just didn't have
> > supernatural powers that let him skip the whole
> > "experience" thing like most
> > Gundam heroes and major villains.
> >
> > SJ
> Agreed, he also had a bit of luck on his side too. . .
> seeing that gato passed up the chance to kill him
> twice. ..

How do you know he wasn't taking drugs in the beginning of the series?

Okay, okay. I'm ribbing you guys. But he is a gawky geek kid. If you had met
someone like him, would you really believe he was a good pilot? Come on, he
doesn't have a lot of confidence to begin with. In real life, a pilot
without confidence would end up dead pretty soon.

Jojo