Flanker358@aol.com
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:54:35 EST

> While I am not sure if the G Gundam staff drew their inspiration from these
> specific sources you've cited, I believe that "Eastern Invincible"
> is a fairly generic title given to martial arts legends/heroes in many HK
> martial arts movies. They were probably influenced by HK martial arts
> movies as a genre rather than raiding specific novels or films for ideas
> and characters. At least this is what I remember from an interview I read
> some years ago.

    I only remember two HK movies that had the name of "Eastern Invincible"
and both of them were based on Jin Yong's novel. Besides, there's others like
Dragon Gundam Pilot Sai Sici's Shin Ryuusei Kochouken(Real Meteor Butterfly
Arrow) which I believe is taken from the name of Gu Long's Novel(and Movie)
Meteror Butterfly Sword, Which would be Ryuusei Kochouken in japanese, since
the word for Sword and Arrow sounds the same.