Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:40:38 -0800

>One thing I'm convinced of is that either Yasuhiro Imagawa (the series
>director) or Fuyushi Gobu (the series plot) must have read the martial arts
>novels (Wu Xia in Chinese, Bukyou in Japanese) of Hong Kong writer Jin Yong.

While I am not sure if the G Gundam staff drew their inspiration from these
specific sources you've cited, I believe that "Eastern Invincible"
is a fairly generic title given to martial arts legends/heroes in many HK
martial arts movies. They were probably influenced by HK martial arts
movies as a genre rather than raiding specific novels or films for ideas
and characters. At least this is what I remember from an interview I read
some years ago.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0