Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:37:25 -0500

Leave it to me to pick at such things, but what ever
happened to the light blue, and pink uniforms worn
by the White Base crew. I was wondering because
they had rank badges colored in such a way it was
distinguishable even when your uniform changed to
a different color. In the original series we have three
colors of Uniforms for Feds, and Three colors for
their Normal Suits. In 0080, 08th MS team, and in
0083 we lose the Pink (Wave) uniforms, the Blue
(Male Pilots) uniforms, and the ugly Yellow normal
suit. We do keep later on everone in Beige uniform
and only White, and Blue normal suits for Feds. We
also lose Collar rank badges for Feds except in the
normal suits, and those are now always Red, the one
Yellow normal suit we see in new animation is for
Terry Sanders at the beginning of 08th MS team.
But before we celebrate them too highly its worth
noting that only Zeon characters in 08th MS team
get ranks. Examples:

General Revil Beige uniform, Gray Collar Bars, Red Shoulder Bars
Bright Noah Beige uniform, Beige Collar Bars, Red Shoulder Bars
Amuro Rei Blue unifrom, NO Collar Bars, Red Shoulder Bars
Salya Mass Pink uniform, NO Collar Bars, Red Shouldr Bars
                        Yellow normal Suit, Blue Collar Bars
Sleggar Row Blue normal suit, Red Collar Bars
South Burning Blue normal suit, Red Collar Bars
Amuro Rei White normal suit, Blue Collar Bars
Kou Uraki White normal suit, Red Collar Bars
0080 Feds Beige uniform, NO Collar Bars, Red Shoulder Bars
0083 Feds Beige uniform, NO Collar Bars, Red Shoulder Bars
08th MS Feds Beige unifrom, NO Collar Bars, NO Shoulder Bars
08th MS Feds Color Normal Suit, NO Collar Bars
08th MS Zeon Normal Suit, NO Collar Wing
08th MS Zeon Color Uniform, Rank Insignia if you're lucky...

Paul "Very confused who I'm supposed to salute" Fields