Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:12:37 +1300

-Z- wrote:

> At 09:11 12/31/1999 +1300, you wrote:
> >Full official title
> >Kidou Senshi Gundam - Giren no Yabou - Zeon no Keifu
> >Mobile Suit Gundam - Giren's Greed - The Zeon Lineage*
>
> If I were translating this, I'd called it either LEGACY OF ZEON or ZEON
> HERITAGE.
>
> Both are actually a bit misleading, since it's the ZABI FAMILY and not Zeon
> per se whose legacy or heritage is at the heart of things.
>
> And please stop using styled text when posting to the list. It screws
> things up terribly and blows archives to all to hell. In order to "quote"
> your message, I had to copy it to Notepad (which strips off the styling)
> and then use the "Paste As Quotation" to put it back into the reply.
>
> You appear to be using Netscape Communicator, so I can't advise you how to
> turn off the styling, other than to look for "plain text" and "HTML"
> message options and select whatever options will enable the former and
> disable the latter.
>
> -Z-

Sorry about that -Z-. I had know idea that italics caused problems. Please
accept my apologies.

I considered using 'legacy', it certainly sounds better but it didn't seem
right when you consider that the game is more about the 'Alternate 0079-0083
present' and you play as the present Giren or General Reville. I don't know why
they chose 'keifu', it is unusual and not very precise, but then again may be
they wanted an ambiguous word to convey that what happens to Zeon in the UC
world is left up to you.

I wonder if mass producing the Zacrelo and other MA instead of developing newer
MS will win the war for Zeon in the game? I mention this because in one of the
OYW 'lessons' included with 08MS, claimed that the mass production of Zacrelo
would have won the war for Zeon. Perhaps the Zacrelo should be taken more
seriously... : )

Tet