-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:18:37 -0800

At 07:00 12/30/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>In that movie guide of the DVD 0080 vol. 2:
>9/12 0079 is the "sun" (sorry all, I don't know what the Japanese
>"week" system is)
>When the "cyclops" raided the north pole base.
>10/12 0079 is the "moon"
>The shuttle was on the way to side 6
>12/12 0079 is "water"
>Alfred was looking for a picture of a Fed MS/the cargo arrived
>14/12 0079 is "gold"
>Bernny arrived at Granada
>15:30 he joined the "cyclops"
>23:00 operation Rubicon begins
>
>Can someone please confirm this? According to Mark, 14/12 is a friday
>and hence "gold" means friday? "earth" is a saturday and "sun" is a
>sunday? I think/hope this is the same source as Mark's.

It sort of answers itself. "Sun" is Sunday and "Moon" is Monday (a
universal naming convention, apparently) = 9 and 10 December,
respectively. "Water" must then be Wednesday, two days after Monday = 12
December, two days after 10 December. "Gold" must be Friday, two days
after Wednesday = 14 December, two days after 12 December.

You don't give a numerical date for Earth, so I can't place it sequentially
with regard to the others.

Looking up days of the week in Japanese, I find that Sunday is Nichiyohbi
(Sun), Monday is Getsuyohbi (Moon), Wednesday is Suiyohbi (Water), Friday
is Kin-yohbi (Gold) and Saturday is Doyohbi (Earth).

Checking my perpetual Gregorian calendar, I find that, when 14 January
falls on a Monday, as it will in 2132 AD and clearly does in UC 0080, the
preceding year (2131 AD) has 9 December on a Sunday, 10 December on a
Monday, 12 December on a Wednesday and 14 December on a Friday.

Q.E.D.

And chalk up another one for Gundam 0080's internal consistency....

-Z-