Fri, 24 Dec 1999 20:06:03 -0500

<massive snip>

Roland, I hate to disagree with you, but I think you may be missing the point. I dont think the question truly is whether Char was right or wrong (I'm with you on that one), but whether his actions in CCA represented a departure from Zeta. I have to say I'm uncertain on the latter, if just because I've only seen 20-odd episodes, just as you have. I was shocked to read however that in the last Zeta episode or two, Char/Quattro uses his cannon to destroy hundreds of Neo Zeon mobile suits. Even if misled, the were still 'his people.' The same he led in CCA. I think that may show that he was willing to use any means necessary to achieve his goals. I'm not certain I'm totally convinced yet, but I think I need to see more before I make a final decision.

Neil Baumgardner