Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:57:51 -0800

Dafydd writes,

>Dengeki Comics Data Collection #13: Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 3 Plus
>Original MS In Games

  Just got my copy... plus the MSV Collection File card set and Rapport's
One Year War Saga. Comments of my own may follow in a bit.

>As the title implies, this is a compendium of MS from various games,
>including Cross Dimension 0079, Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079, Gundam
>Side Story Blue Destiny, Gundam The Battlemaster, G Generation and Gundam
>Side Story Rise From The Ashes.

  And about time too!

>Char's Gundam graces the cover and splash
>page, complete with the "treble clef" insignia that adorned his Sazabi in
>CCA on the left shoulder.

  Just as in CCA, the "Neo Zeon" plotline in Giren's Greed has Char
revealing his true identity of Cassval Daikun, hence the use of the CD
clef symbol.

>Gundam Tactics
>--------------
>RRF-05 Zanny
>MA-05M Bygromeier
>RX-78 opt. Gundam G Dash

  The Zanny is essentially a captured Zaku in Federation drag, sort of a
reverse-engineered mobile suit mockup. The G-Dash rather resembles one of
the alternate FSWS plans described in the Gundam Full Armor Type kit manual...

>G Generation
>------------
>MS-N01 Kikeroga
>AMA-002S Neue Ziel II
>NZ-222 Psycho Doga
>MA-09 Mass-Production Byg Zam
>MS-15K Gyann Kai (there's also a mass production Gyann)
>AMX-103G Mass-Production Hamma-Hamma
>PMX-004 Titania

  The Psyco Doga is from the Alpha Aziel kit manual, and the Kikeroga is
derived from the 52-episode outline for the original TV series (AKA the
"Tomino Memo"). I wish I could see a non-SD version of the elusive Kikeroga...

  The others are all original creations for the game, designed by
Kimitoshi Yamane (Escaflowne, 08th MS Team). For back story on each, see...

  <http://gundam.anime.net/mecha/sdgundam.gg.html>

>G Generation 0
>--------------
>ORX-012 Gundam Mk.IV
>AMX-017 Giganteick
>XMA-02 Evil Doga
>AMA-100C Zodei Ack Mass-Production
>MS-50A Zaku 50
>ZMT-S35S Rig Ring

  More originals, also described at the page above. It's very ingenious
how they're able to explain why each of these wasn't produced or used in
combat.

>Gundam The Battlemaster
>------------------------
>Psycho Gundam Mk.III
>NRX-011 Mass-Production Psycho Gundam
>NRX-007 Prototype Psycho Gundam

  Only the Mark III is original to Battlemaster. The other two are from
Kunio Okawara's MS Collection, also known as M-MSV.

>Char's Counter Attack
>RX-93 v.2 Hi Nu Gundam
>RX-93 Mass-Production Nu Gundam
>RX-93 Mass-Production Nu Gundam (Incom)

  As noted previously, the Hi Nu is from the novelization, while the
mass-produced version is another MS Collection design.

  The book also has a black-and-white section covering the original
characters from many of these games (but not the original Giren's Greed
or Cross Dimension ones).

-- Mark