Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:58:18 +0800

First off: I want people to know that I was just kidding when I said that
Gundam would overtake Pokemon...

the <evil laughter> thing I wrote should have implied that...

I'll probably include "Just Kidding" next time as well... :)

Anyway, from the way you guys have mentioned how different stores treat each
toy differently - I believe that this is still part of their marketing test
strategy. With only a few select stores and TRU trying to figure out where
best to put the stuff on their shelves.

I don't know the franchise structure of TRU though - although my guess is
that some maybe under independent management and others being under the
central office, just like the way McDonalds is structured around the world.

But I believe that Bandai or TRU are trying out different strategies to see
what works best. We won't see it come to full effect till the TV series
should show - so be patient... :)

Fed