Thu, 23 Dec 1999 18:30:49 -0500

Mark Simmons wrote:

> I followed up there. I didn't realize he was referring to the treaty
> signing as being January 13, not the Battle of A Bao A Qu. His reasoning re:
> the mysterious newspaper photo at the end of 0080 is as good as any other
> I've seen...

Okay, now that is resolved, here's another point in question (not so much to
question the date, just something to resolve). How do we resolve on the one
hand, the picture from the newspaper at the end of 0080, which, if I'm
understanding it right, shows the treaty signing between the Federation and
Zeon, and on the other hand the picture from the front of the 100% Newtype 0083
book that shows the supposed same signing ceremony. In the first we see two
civilians shaking hands in front of their respective flags. In the latter we see
grim faced military personnel at a table, in what looks to be a totally
different room.

Maybe the '0083' one is the initial surrender by the Zeon military and the
'0080'one is the following peace treaty by the civilian leaders of the
Federation and the new Zeon Republic?

Neil Baumgardner