BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:45:08 EST

In a message dated 12/23/1999 3:44:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MS06ZAK@aol.com writes:

> Where I went they weren't even really with the regular models. They were
on
> the shelf across from them with a bunch of miscellaneous junk. And even
> amongst the other junk they were buried. I mean putting them on the model
> shop is fine, but burying them in a bunch of crap is assinine. I went to
the
> models section specifically looking for them and almost didn't find them.
> There is no way that kids would see them at all.

  I am sure not every Toys R Us treats the kits the same way. I mean, I've
seen really nice K-Mart's, then I've seen trashy K-mart's. It all depends on
each store's managemnet. If your TRU is like mine, the employees have no clue
as to what they have in stock and all the toys are spread everywhere, I've
seen new stuff buried in junk at my TRU, too.

> As for overcoming Pokemon, won't happen, ESPECIALLY with the promotion
that
> is currently not happening. Hopefully that Ben Mack (I think that was his
> name?) guy who was with the Advertising Agency can promote it better then
it
> is now. But just because it is on cable doesn't mean it is hopeless. I
mean
> look at South Park, and that isn't on network TV. But then again South
Park
> gets more publicity.

   I do not think Gundam will over come PokeMon. PokeMon's even more popular
then Gundm in Japan. Turn A may be a good anime, but its not generating the
kind of exciment most other Gundam shows have created. They most likely have
another Gundam show in the works.

  I can have no opinion on Gundam in the USA, until I see what kind of
interest and impact Gundam Wing may create, once its US airing. As a Gundam
fan, I hope its does extremely well in the US.

    Aaron