Alfred Stuart Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:49:20 -0800

-Z- wrote:

> At 18:32 12/22/1999 +0800, you wrote:
> >anyone knows what is the insignia of the Londo Bell from CCA, if there
> >is one ?
>
> It's a yellow (gold?) bell on a chevron-like red L. Blink and you'll miss
> it -- the only place I can recall seeing it was on the left "shoulder" of
> the Doek petite MS.
>
> This insignia doesn't appear on the uniforms. There, the sleeves are
> adorned with a Federation insignia, consisting of a blue Earth globe within
> a yellow diamond on a midnight-blue disk surrounded by a red circle.

I was just reading where the insignia for the Afrika Korps (Rommel, WWII
German units) had a palm tree and something else, can't remember, as theirs.
So, not as odd or goofy as a bell but a little too festive for a combat unit,
wouldn't you say? I wonder if those guys got into fights in bars wearing that
stuff.

Alfred.