Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:09:31 +0800

> has anyone ever heard of the new Tamiya sprays? They are Synthetic
Laquer...
> does that mean the are Laquer? because I don't wanna buy something that
melts
> plastic..... so umm.... can someone help me out there?

I used some recently (yesterday in fact) - the instructions are in English,
German and French - so I think they're a European release...

I dunno if this is the synthetic lacquer you're talking about - the series
is the TS series - but they work just fine on the plastic surfaces I paint
them on.

I've done it directly to the plastic and on top of a primer - and the
results are good either way.

Just make sure the sprays aren't for polycarbonate materials (PS series) -
which will leave awful looking globs on top of your plastic. Go for their TS
or AS (Aircraft sprays) which are designed for plastic.

Anyway, you can always experiment first on your modeling tree anyway, so I
suggest you try it out there first before using 'em on your mecha...

Fed