Chaos025@aol.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:56:49 EST

In a message dated 12/22/99 12:06:06 AM Mountain Standard Time,
lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg writes:

> You are correct; we only see one in action, but as it is classified
> as a "Heavy Strike Experimental Unit", I think Zeon intended to at least
> produce it in limited numbers. There should be a battlefield role for the
> Kampfer, not as a disposable terror weapon.

Disposable Terror Weapon is a valid battlefield role. The Kampfer looks like,
acts like, and is used like a special forces/covert operations infiltrated
assault system. If it had heavier armor and reusable weaponry, then most
definitely it would be a tactical assault vehicle, much like the Ifrite. But
it doesn't. It was smuggled in, assembled with little assistance, and in was
up and running according to a very tight schedule. The fact that it was armed
was throw away weapons, and was intended to be left behind, point to the fact
that the Kampfer was not seen is a reusable resource by the Zeon high
command. Or did you think that the Cyclops team requisitioned an
experimental, one of kind MS just to leave it behind for the enemy after it
was used? I don't think so. It looks to me that the Kampfer is over powered
because its under armored. Its armament is intended for the job it's used in,
which is quick assault and terror inside a colony.

At least, that's the way I see it.

BTW, Ifrite, Kampfer, Geara Doga, Jaga Doga, Sazabi is a very nice linage to
follow.

SJ