Vince Leon (vleon@u.arizona.edu)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:26:19 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Chaos025@aol.com [SMTP:Chaos025@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 1999 12:04 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] GM Sniper

In a message dated 12/21/99 10:40:45 AM Mountain Standard Time,
lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg writes:

>> Not quite good enough IMO.. The Kampfer didn't even have a
Vulcan
>> built-in, something that's pretty much a standard in Zeon design after
the
>> Gelgoog, isn't it?
>
>The Kampfer wasn't intended to go home at all. It was a terror weapon
design
>to be smuggled in, built quickly, used once, then discarded in a massive
>explosion that would allow a quick and unnoticed escape by the team using
it.
>And that's almost what happen. It was definitely the plan, IIRC.
>
>SJ

That was probably the plan for the Cyclops team, but I could not see all
the Kampfers being destroyed after being used. With that kind of
acceleration it would serve a better purpose as an interceptor and for
hit-n-run tactics.

Vince Leon
vleon@u.arizona.edu