Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:51:27 -0500

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:35:09 +0800 Joshua <joshua@egis.net> wrote:
>I was just wondering why all the Gundam related sites call him Bright Noah,
>while on the Bandai 20th anniversary box set of 1/20 character figures,
>he's called Blight Noah?
>
>Joshua

I believe it is from translation and phonetics problems. In Japanese, the r and l sounds are similar or something like this (at least this is what I've always heard). Thus it is sometimes hard to get accurate tranlsations. For another example, Miria Jenius from Macross and Macross 7 is often translated as Milia instead. This is also a problem for other letters as well, but I can't remember the exact ones right now.

Roland