Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:43:24 -0800

Eddie replies,

>>Come to think of it, the reason Char ended up using the Ziong was because
>>someone else had taken his Gelgoog...but the red Gelgoog was never shown
>>again...
>
>That's the first time I heard this explanation. What is the source that made
>this claim? Didn't Char ditch his Gelgoog because it got its arm chopped off
>and he needed a better mobile suit to take on the mag-coated Gundam?

  That's correct - Char's Gelgoog was wrecked en route to A Bao A Qu.
When he got there, he tried to score a new one, but all the Gelgoogs had
been taken into battle already by the proverbial green recruits (this may
be what Tet was thinking of). Thus, he uses the 80% complete Zeong instead.

  If you look at the scene where Char is introduced to the Zeong, you'll
see his red Gelgoog - or at least the feet thereof - standing behind it
in the hangar. Maybe they were transferring pilot data or something...

-- Mark