Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 20:35:56 +1300

-Z- wrote:

> At 12:37 12/18/1999 +1300, you wrote:
> >The first one appeared in a desert in an episodes of ZZ Gundam piloted
> >by a local woman who had taken over the duty of her lover, a Zeon ace,
> >after his death. This Gelgoog had custom colors very similar to Char's
> >Gelgoog, if not the same. The desert is an unforgiving place and as
> >expected there have been many MS customised especially for this region;
> >a regular space Gelgoog wouldn't stand a chance.
> >
> >Who was this mysterious fallen ace that shared colors with Char but wore
> >a regular helmet ala Ranba Ral? I will have to watch ZZ again to find
> >out if the pilots name was ever mentioned but I don't think it was.
>
> The woman was 20-year-old Masai Nagaba, in Epsiode #26: Masai's Spirit. As
> I recall, this took place at an oasis in the desert and was instigated when
> Elpeo Ple used up all the Gundam Team's water. The man was her husband,
> not just her lover, and she ends up offering a prayer of apology for her
> failure in battle, but I don't recall that he was ever named. I wouldn't
> read too much into the color scheme, though -- red MS were commonplace for
> Hamaan's Neo Zeon in ZZ.

I think whoever the pilot was, he was with the original Zeon movement and died
in 0079/0080, certainly years before Z and ZZ. Since Masai has no
affiliations with any Zeon/Neo Zeon movement except to her dead husband, I
doubt she had the Gelgoog repainted, which leads me to believe that it came in
that colour scheme. I guess it is possible that the Gelgoog belonged to
someone else and Tag ended up with it. It's even possible that it was a
Gelgoog that was never delivered to Char and dispatched to the Earth sphere..

Come to think of it, the reason Char ended up using the Ziong was because
someone else had taken his Gelgoog...but the red Gelgoog was never shown
again...

So we have a missing red Gelgoog from A-Bao-A-Qu and a mysterious red Gelgoog
in the desert in ZZ Gundam.

Hmmm... Could it be the one and the same ??? : ) I think there is a whole
another story here.

Tet