Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:57:30 +0800

I bought a copy of DC Comics JLA #37

There's an ad here of GWing near the last page

Interesting: Gundam Wing is available on Toysrus.com

It's also only available in "selected" stores within the Los Angeles,
California area...

Question: Why Los Angeles? Huge anime fan population? Large Asian
population?

Other: The ad says and I quote:

* Easy to build, no glue required
* Each figure has a unique transformation mode or exciting weapon action
* Multi-colored snap together parts
* Builds a fully articulated action figure

Why are they using the terms "figure" and "action figure"? I think that's a
wrong way to advertise it. Knowing how easily these things fall apart after
a couple of thrashings by kids would make it disappointing and eventually
ruin the rep of Gundam as a whole. Imagine parents seeing it and buying for
their kids - thinking this is something like Voltron...

"Model" would have been a more appropriate term - but I DO understand that
the word "model" implies a sense of difficulty.

I really believe that if they wanted it to be an "action figure" why didn't
they think of starting out first with G Gundam - which has a ready line of
toys to be thrashed by kids.

Fed