Peter Savin (pedro@shiporama.org)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:21:18 -0800

> >===== Original Message From gundam@aeug.org =====
> >Actually, I don't do that much puttying either. Only with problem spots
like
> >product misalignments (very RARE) and really long gaps that you can't
really
> >"cheat" on. Sanding and puttying gives it an extra finish - and I'm
usually
> >more confident in painting it afterwards. Personal preference... :)
> >
> >We don't have Testors stuff here (the Philippines) - so we usually stick
> >with Tamiya. Their epoxy is one of the best though - but I've never seen
it
> >used to make custom poses here yet (we don't have that many highly
skilled
> >modelers here).
> >
> >Fed
>

> Well, I now this isn't what you ment but a lot of the time putty can be
> replaced by krazy glue/Super Glue which dries in minutes.

True enough, when I do have to putty, I use super glue whenver possible
(sand right away, though, it gets rock hard after a day or so). I don't
like to use standard putties, as they are much to soft/powdery, which can
make scribing or rescribing panel lines really hard.

Peter Savin
pedro@shiporama.org