Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:16:52 -0800

Dafydd writes,

>Asked about this in an interview, Tomino says it was pure coincidence and
>that, no, he did not have Charles Aznavour in mind when he made up the name.

  And on other occasions, he's responded to the question by grimacing and
saying that the producers sometimes make him do things he's not proud
of... i.e. a producer may have pushed the gag name on him. (And "Shaa
Azunaburu" is indeed a perfect phonetic match for the French
pronounciation of Aznavour's name.)

  I suspect that the answers you get out of Tomino may have a lot to do
with his state of mind at the time. ;-)

-- Mark