Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:12:32 +0800

Tabby wrote:

> I'm using the silver *as* the primer.

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Does saying "spray-coat" imply that you prime?
:)

>I used to spray-coat with primer, and
> then with silver, and then apply the surface paint,

First time I've ever heard of this technique. Is it to make stuff glossy?
Where'd you hear about it?

>but as I got better at
> painting two undercoats began to seem redundant (besides, the silver
> *really* brings out flaws for me to work on).

So does the Mr. Surfacer 1000 - 'cept this time, there's the advantage of it
being able to hide flaws as well...

Sanding down and repainting
> the silver won't be any problem at all.
>
> I've only recently returned to building after a few years of letting my
> models languish on the shelves. I've only gotten into putty-sanding now
> because the internet and the GML are the first places I've been able to
> find reliable modelling tips (hobby stores in town ignore anyone not
buying
> RC Cars).

We have the same problem here (The Philippines). On the other hand, people
who sell Gundams here often don't have support services for paint and other
supplies (hint,hint Joshua ;). I can't even find a decent modeling hacksaw
here and just had to improvise.

Fed