Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 02:21:19 -0700

>I presume that you didn't prime it. That's an advantage of priming - being
>able to see whether or not you did a good job on sanding - and you can still
>fix it afterwards without much damage to the finished model. Look at it from
>around half an arms length and judge whether or not it looks good from that
>distance even after you paint it. Sometimes it's not necessary to sand again
>as the flaw might be minute enough to not be noticed.

I'm using the silver *as* the primer. I used to spray-coat with primer, and
then with silver, and then apply the surface paint, but as I got better at
painting two undercoats began to seem redundant (besides, the silver
*really* brings out flaws for me to work on). Sanding down and repainting
the silver won't be any problem at all.

I've only recently returned to building after a few years of letting my
models languish on the shelves. I've only gotten into putty-sanding now
because the internet and the GML are the first places I've been able to
find reliable modelling tips (hobby stores in town ignore anyone not buying
RC Cars).

tby