Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 07:55:28 -0500

>In one case here in the Philippines, I enjoyed watching Lupin III more in
>our native Tagalog than the original Japanese (sub) - mainly because the
>reinterpretation of the humor for both Filipino and present day sentiment
>were superb. I think Lupin would have died right there if they stuck to the
>"original" ideas and concepts of the series.

 Yeah... eventhough the dubbers take too much freedom in the dialogues of Lupin III, I find it very acceptable and I enjoy the series very much. However, in the case of Flame of Recca and YYH, it's just not right.

 By the way, does anyone remember the local dubbing of Ninja Robots? I don't recall any anime series ever dubbed worse than that. Even the latter dubbing of Slam Dunk was bearable in comparison.

-Veilchen