Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:10:33 -0800

Rodrick Su writes,

>Spoilers for Victory Gundam ahead.

  And I'll replicate the spoilerspace here...

>In Victory Gundam, when the small Federation/League Millitare task force
>launch the sneak attack on the battle station Kairas Giri from Hiland Solar
>Power Array installation, they use 2 tricks. One, they will toll mothballed
>cruisers and using them as shield for actual task force ships and for battle
>ram. Two, they realigned the microwave power transmitter of the Solar Power
>Array towards Kairas Giri and make everyone there sick to their stomach.

  A favorite Tomino trick - he uses it in Brain Powerd as well...

>Tashiro
>Vargo was blamed for the loss of the battle station, and was about to be
>executed for this loss. Now how much of it was his fault?

  It's not necessarily that he could have done anything differently, but
the Zanscare Empire is after all maintained by a reign of terror.
Executing people for failure is one way to inspire your surviving
officers to come up with extraordinary ways to avoid failing. :-)

>The only thing I
>can think of is that he failed to broadcast Minovsky Particle in combat
>density right away. The I-Field effect will certainly dampen the effect
>that the Microwave is having on the station, and make their response much
>more effective.

  You're probably right - microwave is on the same end of the spectrum as
radio, isn't it?

-- Mark