BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:27:46 EST

In a message dated 12/10/1999 12:51:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
isack@idt.net writes:

> I know I am new to this list, but yea, I thought that was weird too...
>
> I am not sure the actual legality of fansubs when there are no licenses
> owned for distribution in the USA. But he's got a point, I think many of
> you have relied on fansubs to get into Gundam. Moreover, if people had
> access to other Gundam titles, there would be more of a market when the
> other series officially comes out.

Well, on the anime news groups, Fansub discussions usually turn into a huge,
ugly, heated, moral conflict/war. Its not very pretty. I remember one of
these discussions was nearing flame war status. That could be one reason for
it. Its like opening Pandora's Box, just leave the box lid closed :)

  Aaron