Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:35:46 +0800

I dunno who dubbed it. But it may be people working for the distributors
directly. Check the credits if you can. If it's Telesuccess (Voltes V, Lupin
III) then they're under their usual standards

I don't think it did any damage to the series though... It's still a hit
among kids.

You also have to understand that local voiceactors are paid so little per
dubbing session. To give figures - around P250 - P750 a session.

That's slave wages. Plus the fact the only really experienced Seiyuu are
with Telesuccess - the talent isn't that spread out to begin with.

You'll notice quality when you hear it. Dada Carlos is the veteran female
seiyuu here - she started out as Annie in Shaider and has gone on to become
the voices of several anime - including Voltes (tagalog), Yu-Yu Hakushu (I
think she played several females there) and (I think) Fujiko of Lupin III.

Compare her performance with other series and you'll notice differences in
intonation and use of language. She usually has to deviate from the script
often - which is a requirement for the job - not often done by Channel 2.

Hey, give our Seiyuu some degree of respect. They're paid so low - and most
of the veterans like Joonie Gamboa (Dr. Smith of Voltes V in English) and
Noel Mallongca (Big Bert) are too expensive to hire anymore as voice
talents...

Hope this sheds light on the issue...

Fed