Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:48:35 -0500

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:13:54 +0800 Joshua <joshua@egis.net> wrote:
>>regardless...did any of you who watched evangelion on
>>local tv notice the time? on my clock, it began
>>shortly after 5, and ended at 5:20. that's less than
>>20 minutes of episode material INCLUDING commercial
>>breaks. they didn't even bother airing the ending
>>credits. does channel 2 do this all the time??? the
>>last time i caught rorouni kenshin, it was from 5:05
>>to 5:20 WITH commercials. wtf??? that's a whole lot
>>of butchering they're doing...and i'd rather they
>>didn't air anything at all.

 Well, at least we get to see the butchered anime for free...

>Obviously, Channel 2 believes that clients come first before viewers.
>Heck, because of commercial overload, they'll even cut their own live
>shows (like Alas-singko y media). The hosts don't even get to end the show
>formally, how STUPID is that? Well, apparently, Channel 2 executives must
>be. Why do they even bother showing 2 seconds of Evengelion's end credits
>if they're just gonna cut it?

 My very same sentiments on the opening sequences... IMHO,
what they should do is show the title screen then go directly to the show, and try to put in more of the show itself along with the usual tons of commercials. They're just wasting precious seconds on showing part of the opening/ending. They should use that time instead for the show content itself.

 The butchered Evangelion opening was by far, a lot better than what they did to Samurai X... if Kenshin by any chance happens to see it, he would have probably return to being hitokiri battousai ^^;

-Veilchen