Joshua (joshua@egis.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:21:15 +0800

Does anyone know about the people who dub G Gundam? I was freaking out for
awhile with what seemed to be senseless dialogue when someone on the ML
pointed out that the translation was literal. Do those guys actually think
Japanese grammar is the same as ours? Do they realize how ridiculous the
dubbing comes across. What's with some of the geeky and dweebish voices?
Can't find decent voice talents? That's hard to believe! And talk about a
lack of imagination! Can't they think of some other word to use aside from
"HANGAL!!!". I'd use that word to describe them. Pardon my bluntness, but
I personally know of a group of anime dubbers who have better scriptwriting
and superior voice-acting. They certainly don't come out sounding
"HANGAL!!!".

P.S. How did G Gundam do in Japan?

Joshua