Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:26:24 -0500

>Sorry, I thought that Ruroni Kenshin showed on 4:30 pm? Well I didn't bother
>watching it - I've seen the Jupon Gitana arc already...

 One of the Juppon Gatana looked liked an EVA to me...

>Did they? I can't remember. Haven't seen the series in such a long time (2
>or so years in fact)

 Apparently, Penpen's introduction was cut as well...

<snips>

>Ranma wasn't so simple to cut mainly because there were a lot of elements
>that made it difficult to cut (Happosai the Panty Thief Ninja for one,
>Shampoo's another) without making people scratch their heads as to what
>happened. On a non-anime note - Etta Mendez cut the scene of the two people
>making love on the porch on the Shakespeare film Much Ado About Nothing - a
>crucial scene to understand why the lead didn't want the heroine. Good thing
>she was booted out. I don't mind Armida - it's just the producers who abuse
>the right...

 I was wrong about Armida... at first, I shrugged at the thought of her being appointed as the chairman of MTRCB... I thought she'd be "too conservative" like most adults I know, but I was wrong. You know, I really admire her for standing her ground like that. And that "freedom before responsibility rather than responsibility before freedom" quote was great... yes, that's exactly what true freedom is. In my opinion, morality is abused just as much sex.

>There were stuff that surprised me though... Did you see the Saitoh vs.
>Battousai episode? The entire fight scene was shown along with the blood and
>gore... :)

 Why not? It's one of the best fight scenes in RK...

>> Hmm... I saw a few episodes of Macross 7 in a cable channel (I can't
>remember which one). Of course, it was in a language foreign to me. But you
>know what they do there?
>> Instead of cutting out nude scenes, they sorta pixelize it. I think it
>would be better if they do the same here.
>> What do you think?
>
>I don't think that would pass... the intention is still the same - there's
>still the thought of nudity behind it. I like what they did to Dragonball
>though... They put briefs on Goku via computer...

 Don't you think a Chizuru shower scene with her panties on would look kinda stupid?

-Veilchen