Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:58:42 +0800

I'm trying to learn weathering with pastels.

Reading instructions on the net - it recommends me to use a dullcoat prior
to the application of the pastels... and to put a dullcoat after

Question:

Since the salesladies here don't seem to know what a "dullcoat" is - I was
wondering which Gunge Sangyo or Tamiya product acts as one. We have airplane
modelers here (the Philippines) - and I've seen pastels used on their
planes.

Does the Flat spray Topcoat of Gunge Sangyo act similarly to a dullcoat? or
is this a different product altogether?

Also:

What alternative acts as a dullcoat as well?

Thanks

Fed